|Published:||Jun 25, 2013 10:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 25, 2013 10:26 AM EDT|
DADE CITY, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says the southbound lanes of Interstate 75 are now open following two crashes involving three tractor-trailers and a passenger near Dade City.
The FHP says the crashes happened around 5 a.m. Tuesday.
The agency says one man was airlifted to a hospital with serious injuries.
Investigators are trying to find out why the crashes occurred. The road was closed for about four hours and motorists were diverted to State Road 40.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis