|Published:||Jun 25, 2013 12:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 25, 2013 12:05 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies are searching for the suspects accused of burglarizing a home on the 24000 block of Claire St. Monday afternoon.
Deputies were called to the scene of the burglary-in-progress, just before 4:00 p.m. Upon arrival, the victim told the deputies she had left her home just before noon on Monday and arrived back home around 3:50 p.m. to a red pickup truck in her driveway. She told the deputies she didn't think much of the strange vehicle, as she was in the process of getting estimations from roofing companies. The victim said she even waved to the driver, and he pulled away. In the process, the victim saw a man run from the back of the residence and jump into the moving truck. The victim turned and noticed her front door was wide open, so she called 911.
The victim was able to see "760" on the truck's license plate. She described the man who ran from the back of the residence as being heavyset with blond hair. He was wearing baggy shorts and a long-length T-shirt.
The victim estimates nearly $12,000 in property was taken from inside her home.
Deputies said the suspect entered the residence by prying open the front door. They rummaged through numerous cabinets and drawers, before fleeing out the sliding glass door.
If you have any information regarding this incident, you are asked to call SWFL Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- SWFL couple gives gift of Christmas to less fortunate
- WINK News gets answers for those with unemployment problems
- Lee rejects wording in animal ordinance; will revise it
- Make-A-Wish Grants boy's wish for a fish tank at his church
- Barbara B. Mann remembered at annual Holiday Carol Sing
- WINK Investigates what's at stake in Radel ethics probe
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down