|Published:||Jun 25, 2013 4:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 25, 2013 4:10 PM EDT|
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) - The body of a swimmer who had gone missing off Cape Canaveral has been recovered.
Brevard County Fire-Rescue reports that the search for the 23-year-old man started Tuesday morning and ended several hours later. Lifeguards began by wading through the waves after a woman started screaming for help. Firefighters and a sheriff's helicopter eventually joined the search.
Florida Today (http://goo.gl/SDUsc ) reports that the ocean current was drifting northward but that the body was found not too far where the man was last seen thrashing in the water.
A medical examiner will determine the cause of death. The man's name wasn't immediately released.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- SB I-75 reopens after dump truck hit overpass
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Naples man claims coworker set him on fire
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- Florida Everblades deliver bears to children's hospital