|Published:||Jun 25, 2013 4:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 25, 2013 4:10 PM EDT|
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) - The body of a swimmer who had gone missing off Cape Canaveral has been recovered.
Brevard County Fire-Rescue reports that the search for the 23-year-old man started Tuesday morning and ended several hours later. Lifeguards began by wading through the waves after a woman started screaming for help. Firefighters and a sheriff's helicopter eventually joined the search.
Florida Today (http://goo.gl/SDUsc ) reports that the ocean current was drifting northward but that the body was found not too far where the man was last seen thrashing in the water.
A medical examiner will determine the cause of death. The man's name wasn't immediately released.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.