|Published:||Jun 23, 2013 5:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 23, 2013 5:03 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - The former owner of a South Florida escort service is scheduled for execution for murdering an exotic dancer 25 years ago.
Marshall Lee Gore is set to die by lethal injection Monday evening at Florida State Prison.
He is being executed for the 1988 killing of Robyn Novick, a 30-year-old exotic dancer whose naked body was found in a rural part of Miami-Dade County. The 49-year-old Gore was also sentenced to die for the 1988 slaying of Susan Roark, whose body was found a few months later in Columbia County in northern Florida.
Gore also has been convicted of the attempted murder of another exotic dancer who testified that she was beaten with a rock, choked, raped, stabbed and left for dead. She was attacked two days after Novick disappeared.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted