|Published:||Jun 23, 2013 10:44 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 23, 2013 10:44 AM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Cops and doughnuts. Cops and cars. They are stereotypes, but if you can use them to raise money for Special Olympics, why not?
On Sunday June 23 from 9 am to 1 pm, members of the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office and Punta Gorda Police Department will be on top and inside of Abbe's Donut Nook at Charlotte Square Shopping Center at 2150 Tamiami Trail in Port Charlotte, collecting donations for Special Olympics.
Lance's Cruzin' to the Hop Car Shows be will hosting the car show in the shopping center parking lot. Florida Blood Center will also be there in their Big Red Bus taking blood donations.
So come out, have a cup of coffee and some hot, fresh-baked donuts while you enjoy the car show. There will be a donut-eating contest to see who can eat a dozen donuts the fastest. There will be raffles for some great prizes. T-shirts will be on sale on the day of the event.
All proceeds go to support Special Olympics and the Law Enforcement Torch Run.
A $1 donation will get you a free donut.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers