|Published:||Jun 21, 2013 11:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 21, 2013 11:59 PM EDT|
PUNTA RASSA, Fla.- A slippery boat ramp sent a truck into the water at the Punta Rassa Boat Ramp.
Someone was backing their boat into the water when the trailer fell off the end of the ramp. That, in turn, dragged the truck into some algae that formed on the ramp, and the truck slid right in. One person was inside the truck at the time, but they managed to get out safely.
"I don't know. We were dropping the boat in, next thing we know, anchor hooked onto the trailer and pulled everything in. Just a freak accident man," said Steve, the son of truck owner.
It took a tow truck more than two hours to pull the submerged truck to dry land.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis