|Published:||Jun 21, 2013 10:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 21, 2013 10:46 AM EDT|
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 75-year-old pilot is safe after his small plane crashed in an alleyway near Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach.
The Broward Sheriff's Office reports the 2013 Beachcraft plane went down about 6:23 a.m. Friday, clipping some power lines on the way down.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Sandra King says the pilot has 35 years of experience flying planes. He was walking around when firefighters arrived at the scene. Rescue workers took him to Broward Health North as a precaution.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue is working on a fuel leak from the plane.
No injuries were reported on the ground.
The National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the crash.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students