|Published:||Jun 21, 2013 12:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 21, 2013 12:43 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- First Baptist Church will be collecting money and new or gently used items that can be put on a semi-truck and driven to Moore, Oklahoma to benefit tornado victims.
The church is open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
They are also seeking volunteers for the trip. Departure is planned for noon on July 14th, when volunteers will make the 18-hour drive to Moore.
Two fundraisers are planned to pay for the trip. The church will hold a fundraiser at Chuck's Last Stop on the 6th of July, and another at the Nauti Turtle on 13th of July. The church will be selling T-shirts at both events, and also at a variety of locations on Fort Myers Beach.
For more information, contact project manager Dennis Mensinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (239) 565-5572.
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia