|Published:||Jun 20, 2013 2:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2013 2:03 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A woman serving prison time for a 2007 DUI manslaughter wants to take back her plea of no contest.
Ashley East was charged with DUI manslaughter in a crash that killed Army Staff Sgt. Danny Beougher in December of 2007. She pleaded no contest and was sentenced to 25 years in prison. Today, she told a judge she wanted to take back her plea, and have a jury trial.
The judge will rule at a later date.
Trust WINK News to follow this developing story.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end