|Published:||Jun 20, 2013 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2013 4:44 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Juanita Saldana, 48, of Miami was arrested for disorderly conduct after Collier County Sheriff's deputies say she was swinging a machete at another woman at a McDonald's.
Deputies arrived at the restaurant on Davis Blvd. Wednesday just before 5:00 p.m., and spoke with the victim who said she and Saldana were involved in a verbal argument in front of the victim's children. She said Saldana pulled a machete from her vehicle and began swinging it around. Though she feared for her safety, the victim did not wish to press aggravated assault charges against Saldana.
A friend of the victim's witnessed the incident and told deputies Saldana was pushing and shoving the victim in front of children. She said the victim was asking for help in controlling Saldana, just before she pulled out the machete. The witnesses sister got in between the two to de-escalate the situation.
When questioned by deputies, Saldana said she felt "uncomfortable" during the argument, and felt "threatened" when the victim's friends began to approach her, which is why she retrieved the machete.
Saldana was then placed under arrest for disorderly conduct and transported to the Naples Jail Center.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted