|Published:||Jun 20, 2013 11:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2013 11:38 AM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - A teenager texted her father and called 911 when three men broke into her southern Marion County home while she was home alone.
The 15-year-old girl was in her bedroom about 11 p.m. Tuesday when she heard the men rummaging around.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/19kldIw ) reports the teen told Marion County Sheriff's deputies the men barged into her bedroom, pushed her and demanded jewelry and money. One of the men pointed a handgun at the girl's face.
About that time, the girl's father drove up and confronted the burglars. Deputies say the men ran out the front door, past the girl's mother who was still sitting in the car.
The father chased the men, who fired two shots at him. The teen was scared but uninjured.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County