|Published:||Jun 20, 2013 11:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2013 11:09 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Police say a Jacksonville man fatally shot a man who tried to break into his home.
Authorities responding to the home around 11:20 p.m. Wednesday found the wounded suspect. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/11PA88x ) reports the other suspects fled the scene.
St. T.K. Waters of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says several people were inside the house during the attempted break-in.
No further details were immediately available.
An investigation continues.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized