|Published:||Jun 20, 2013 4:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2013 4:51 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- A Naples woman is accused of hitting a bicyclist at the intersection of 10th Street North and Central Avenue, offering the victim money for a taxi and leaving the scene.
The victim told Collier County Sheriff's deputies she was in the crosswalk when the driver of a 2008 Chevrolet HHR, later identified as 22-year-old Glenn Sanchez-Lugo, made a right turn on red and hit her. The impact knocked the bicyclist to the ground.
The bicyclist told deputies the driver got out of the car and offered her $14 to get a taxi. She says the suspect then said her car was blocking the road and took off onto 10th Street North.
Working on the bicyclist's description, deputies tracked down Sanchez-Lugo's car to an apartment complex in Naples. The front bumper had brown paint that matched the victim's bike.
There they arrested Sanchez-Lugo and charged her with hit and run.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis