|Published:||Jun 19, 2013 5:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 19, 2013 5:42 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers Police are searching for the suspect accused in a fatal shooting on Dunbar St. last night.
The victim was identified as 18-year-old Devin Thorpe. He was taken to the Lee Memorial Hospital, but later died from his injuries.
The Fort Myers Police Department responded to a call of gunshots being heard in the area of 2817 Dunbar Avenue just before 11:00 p.m. Tuesday. Detectives learned that Thorpe was outside with a group of young men when unknown suspects approached, began shooting at them and then fled the scene. Thorpe was the only person injured during the incident. Someone in the group then drove him to the hospital.
An investigation is currently underway. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Emily Destefanis at 239-707-9482, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. FMPD is offering a reward of up to $25,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of a person or persons responsible for any homicide in the City of Fort Myers. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling