|Published:||Jun 19, 2013 12:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 19, 2013 5:14 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla.- Members of the Pelican Landing community in Estero could soon have a say in whether they become Bonita Springs residents.
Bonita's City Council voted to get the ball rolling on a referendum. That would allow the northern portion of Pelican Landing and the Colony to vote on becoming part of Bonita Springs.
There will be a series of public hearings on the matter, with a mail ballot vote likely in February 2014.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel