|Published:||Jun 18, 2013 10:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 18, 2013 6:32 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Mary Jones faces various DUI and drug charges after a January accident where six children were injured.
Jones drove off the road and hit a tree, sending her to the hospital. Three of the children suffered life threatening injuries, two with serious injuries.
Jones initially told police she was not the driver, and she didn't know his name or where he went. But physical evidence shows that she was the driver at the time. Blood results found four different controlled substances in her system. She also had drugs on her.
Jones has been arrested twice since the accident on different charges.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash