|Published:||Jun 18, 2013 11:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 18, 2013 11:43 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- Naples Police responded to an anonymous call on Monday evening, alleging that a male subject killed several ducks with a broom. Upon arrival, police located a plastic bag next to the dumpster with eight dead ducklings inside.
At 6:40 p.m., an officer responded to an apartment at 350 10th St N, where the subject who killed the ducks supposedly lived. Despite there being indications that the resident was home, no one answered the door.
As the officer was attempting to make contact with the resident, witnesses came forward, stating that they saw the Hispanic male with grey hair from that very apartment, kill the ducks. The witnesses in also told police that after the ducks were killed, the suspect placed them in a plastic bag and put them by the dumpster. The witnesses did not know the subject’s name.
The witnesses refused to give personal information or a sworn statement out of concern for their own safety.
The officer spoke with the property manager over the phone, who stated that the male subject is the boyfriend of the person leasing the apartment and did not have any additional information.
No other action was taken.
If you have any information regarding this incident, you are asked to call the Naples Police at (239) 213-4890.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week