|Published:||Jun 13, 2013 5:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 18, 2013 12:42 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Monday, the Fort Myers Police Department arrested 24-year-old Kierra McCoy, of Lehigh Acres, and 23-year-old Shavonea Green, also of Lehigh Acres, for theft of property valued at $300 to $5,000. After police released photos of the suspects to media, Crime Stoppers received numerous tips identifying the women.
Original press release below:
The Fort Myers Police Department is investigating three cases involving stolen lottery tickets.
Over the past few days two women have entered three convenience stores during the overnight hours. Using a clever ruse to get the clerk away from the counter, one of the suspects will enter the bathroom, make a quick mess and then tell the clerk the bathroom needs cleaned so she can use it. While the clerk is cleaning the mess, the two suspects help themselves to lottery tickets and then leave store.
Surveillance photos show the suspects committing the crimes.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.