|Published:||Jun 18, 2013 1:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 18, 2013 1:04 PM EDT|
BUNNELL, Fla. (AP) - A north Florida man says he needs surgery on his right eye after he was beaten and robbed during his first date with a woman he met at a convenience store.
A Flagler County Sheriff's report says 34-year-old Shaun Williams met the woman he knew as "Tree" two weeks ago. The couple met at the store on Friday and she followed Williams to his nearby home.
Williams told the Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/17iLk5B ) the woman told him she need to drop her brother and his friend off at their house before going to dinner.
Instead deputies say the men assaulted Williams, took his clothes and possessions and left him beside a road. He flagged down a truck driver who called 911. Williams was treated at a hospital.
Deputies are investigating.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January