|Published:||Jun 17, 2013 11:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 17, 2013 4:34 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Expect a showdown between Sheriff Mike Scott and Lee County commissioners.
Sheriff Scott is pitching his budget proposal which includes raises for his staff, and possible funding for school resource officers.
In the letter to Lee County Commissioners, the Sheriff asks for a budget topping $142 million. This is a 3.6 percent increase over last year's budget.
The meeting is set to begin at 1:30 p.m.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest