|Published:||Jun 17, 2013 6:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 17, 2013 6:08 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The driver who was pulled from a Cape Coral canal on Friday has been identified as 32-year-old Michael Bobbitt.
Police said Bobbitt drove into a canal at NW 9th Avenue and Diplomat Pkwy. An officer dove into the water to rescue him.
According to the police report, the officer found Bobbitt still sitting in the car looking straight ahead. He eventually got Bobbitt out of the car by pulling his T-shirt.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis