|Published:||Jun 17, 2013 1:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 17, 2013 6:06 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County School District will pay new superintendent Dr. Nancy Graham $169,000 for her first year.
Graham takes over for Dr. Burke officially on Thursday. Her contract will end on June 19, 2014, or until the school board finds a replacement through a national search, whichever comes first.
Her contract also says if the board does not find a new superintendent by May 1, they'll talk to Graham about whether they'll keep her in the position.
Dr. Burke's annual salary was about $185,000.
Her contract also says the school board will evaluate her performance every three months.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida