|Published:||Jun 17, 2013 6:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 17, 2013 11:57 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Lightning is to blame for a house fire in Collier County. According to fire officials lightning hit the back of the home off of Rattlesnake Hammock earlier tonight.
The owner was home at the time. We're told he grabbed his dog and ran across the street to call 9-1-1. The flames were through the roof before firefighters were able to control the blaze.
The home is a complete loss.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school