|Published:||Jun 17, 2013 10:10 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 17, 2013 10:10 AM EDT|
WEEKI WACHEE, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard says a crew spotting two missing men on a purple water scooter.
The 22-year-old men didn't return after going for a ride on the scooter about 6 p.m. Sunday. A girlfriend called the sheriff's office when they didn't return by 10:45 p.m. Dispatchers alerted the Coast Guard and a helicopter crew spotted them Monday morning.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/18Run2v ) reports Daladier Nicholas Faust and Jacob Sterling Crooms were taken to the Clearwater air station, where emergency responders were called to evaluate them.
Authorities say the water scooter had just been purchased this weekend.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme