Published: Jun 15, 2013 7:14 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 15, 2013 8:00 PM EDT

CAPE CORAL, Fla. - One man was taken to the hospital after being shocked by a power line. Cape Coral Fire tells WINK News the man was cutting coconuts out of a palm tree when his cutting tool accidentally touched an electric line. It happened at 1034 Dolphin Drive in Cape Coral.

It's not known whether he worked for a commercial company or if he was just picking up some work for himself. Firefighters had to get the man out of the tree before he could be taken away. The victim was flown to Lee Memorial Hospital.