|Published:||Jun 15, 2013 7:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 15, 2013 8:00 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - One man was taken to the hospital after being shocked by a power line. Cape Coral Fire tells WINK News the man was cutting coconuts out of a palm tree when his cutting tool accidentally touched an electric line. It happened at 1034 Dolphin Drive in Cape Coral.
It's not known whether he worked for a commercial company or if he was just picking up some work for himself. Firefighters had to get the man out of the tree before he could be taken away. The victim was flown to Lee Memorial Hospital.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41