|Published:||Jun 15, 2013 2:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 16, 2013 9:30 AM EDT|
The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash involving an ATV at the intersection of Golden Gate Blvd. and 10th Street Northeast. The Crash happened around 12:30 Saturday. The intersection was closed for a couple of hours.
FHP says a truck hit Antolyn Peleaz and Edy Almas-Delgado as they crossed into its path on Golden Gate Boulevard. They were riding in an ATV.
FHP says both Peleaz and Almas-Delgado were thrown from the vehicle.
Toopers say 55-year-old Almas-Delgado died on scene.
They say Peleaz was driving the ATV and may have been drinking.
He was taken to Lee Memorial in critical condition, and the truck driver was taken to NCH in serious condition.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Keys refuge will fine owners of cats found roaming
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent