|Published:||Jun 14, 2013 3:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 14, 2013 4:47 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A 24-year-old father accepted a plea deal regarding alleged culpable negligence in the accidental death of his toddler.
Christopher Davis will serve two years probation, complete 50 hours of community service, submit to a psychiatric evaluation and surrender the gun to the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities say the boy got his hands on an unsecured gun last November and shot himself.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing