|Published:||Jun 13, 2013 11:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2013 11:17 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police shot a man who made a sudden move after being ordered out of his car during a drug investigation.
The incident played out Wednesday near a crosswalk being used by people heading to Marlins park for a game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Witnesses told The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/11xAdMX ) there was a confrontation between police and the suspect. He was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital Ryder Trauma Center and his condition wasn't available.
Police spokeswoman Kenya Reyes says investigators were still gathering details late Wednesday.
No further information was immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft