|Published:||Jun 13, 2013 3:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2013 3:14 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Panhandle soldier has died in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense reported Wednesday that 31-year-old Jessie L. Thomas Jr. of Pensacola was killed while serving in Helmand, Afghanistan.
The Army did not release details about how Thomas died, but said the incident was under investigation.
Thomas was assigned to the 39th transportation battalion, which is based in Germany.
Information from: Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend