|Published:||Jun 13, 2013 3:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2013 3:14 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Panhandle soldier has died in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense reported Wednesday that 31-year-old Jessie L. Thomas Jr. of Pensacola was killed while serving in Helmand, Afghanistan.
The Army did not release details about how Thomas died, but said the incident was under investigation.
Thomas was assigned to the 39th transportation battalion, which is based in Germany.
Information from: Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes