|Published:||Jun 13, 2013 8:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2013 10:36 AM EDT|
Fort Myers, Fla., - Florida is leading the nation in foreclosure filings. Realtytrac, a foreclosure listing firm, says one in every 302 housing units had a foreclosure filing during the month of may. That's nearly three times the national average. Miami has the nation's highest foreclosure rate.
The Cape Coral, Fort Myers area stayed out of the top ten areas for filings in the state and nationwide. Cape Coral leads Lee County with the most filings. Realtytrac says one in every 256 homes received a notice.
In Charlotte County, one in every 238 homes received a notice and in Collier County one in every 510 homes received a foreclosure notice.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time