|Published:||Jun 13, 2013 12:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2013 1:09 PM EDT|
ARCADIA, Fla.- The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a crash in which a 29-year-old woman was seriously injured while the unknown driver fled the scene on foot.
Amy Marie Sisterman, was transported to Charlotte Regional Hospital after the 2002 Ford Ranger she was riding in crashed at 7:00 p.m. on SW Senate St. at Grave Ave.
The truck was traveling westbound on Senate Street, when the driver lost control and traveled off the roadway into a ditch on the north shoulder of Senate Street. FHP says that's when the driver left the scene on foot and has not yet been found.
The investigation continues.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis