|Published:||Jun 13, 2013 12:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2013 1:09 PM EDT|
ARCADIA, Fla.- The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a crash in which a 29-year-old woman was seriously injured while the unknown driver fled the scene on foot.
Amy Marie Sisterman, was transported to Charlotte Regional Hospital after the 2002 Ford Ranger she was riding in crashed at 7:00 p.m. on SW Senate St. at Grave Ave.
The truck was traveling westbound on Senate Street, when the driver lost control and traveled off the roadway into a ditch on the north shoulder of Senate Street. FHP says that's when the driver left the scene on foot and has not yet been found.
The investigation continues.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed