|Published:||Jun 12, 2013 11:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 12, 2013 11:23 AM EDT|
NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Someone riding a wave runner found a brass urn floating in the Intracoastal Waterway near Miami Beach.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/13BdeTK ) reports the urn is now at Guiding Light Cremations in Hollywood. It was found floating to the surface near the 163rd Street Bridge last week
Geronimo Mena Jr. says the urn was turned over to him in hopes the family will come forward. He believes someone attempted a burial at sea,but the urn didn't sink because it was likely full of air.
Mena says the ashes inside had a string tied around a plastic bag instead of the more customary metal tag identifying the person and the crematorium. He says if no one claims the remains in 120 days, he will scatter them himself.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids