|Published:||Jun 12, 2013 11:04 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 12, 2013 11:04 AM EDT|
ORANGE PARK, Fla. (AP) - A 15-year-old boy who was injured in a standoff with north Florida sheriff's deputies has died.
The shooting happened Saturday night after the family of Hadrian Miguel Rabadan called authorities saying he was suicidal. The Clay County Sheriff's Office was notified of the teen's death on Tuesday.
On Saturday evening, deputies arrived at the Orange Park home where the teen lived with his grandmother. He was spotted in a nearby wooded area where a K9 unit confronted him.
Jacksonville's First Coast News (http://fcnews.tv/17GzwJq ) reports the teen and deputy Jason Graff exchanged gunfire.
The teen was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators are trying to determine whether he shot himself or was injured by the deputy.
Information from: WTLV-TV, http://www.wtlv.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013