|Published:||Jun 12, 2013 11:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 12, 2013 11:44 PM EDT|
HAVANA (AP) - The support team for Australian endurance swimmer Chloe McCardel says she has ended her attempt to swim from Cuba to Florida.
A news release Wednesday night says the swim ended after 11 hours due to a "debilitating" jelly fish sting.
She was trying to become the first person to swim across the Straits of Florida nonstop without a shark cage.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral