|Published:||Jun 11, 2013 10:45 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2013 10:45 AM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A woman was shot in the legs when she tried to run from two men who had taken her to bank to withdraw money during a carjacking.
Daytona Beach police say a 22-year-old woman was able to make it to a nearby McDonald's, where workers called 911 on Monday.
The woman says two men with guns forced their way into her car as she returned home from buying cigarettes on Monday. They asked her to drive to a bank to withdraw money.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/14ScVmR ) reports the woman ran when they got to the bank. She only made it about 20 yards before one of the men shot her. But she kept going until she got to the McDonalds.
Police are investigating.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba