|Published:||Jun 11, 2013 10:45 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2013 10:45 AM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A woman was shot in the legs when she tried to run from two men who had taken her to bank to withdraw money during a carjacking.
Daytona Beach police say a 22-year-old woman was able to make it to a nearby McDonald's, where workers called 911 on Monday.
The woman says two men with guns forced their way into her car as she returned home from buying cigarettes on Monday. They asked her to drive to a bank to withdraw money.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/14ScVmR ) reports the woman ran when they got to the bank. She only made it about 20 yards before one of the men shot her. But she kept going until she got to the McDonalds.
Police are investigating.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer