|Published:||Jun 11, 2013 3:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2013 3:17 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A mural of George Washington crafted from 8,000 multi-color sticky notes is taking shape in West Palm Beach.
The patriotic mural will sit in a 23-foot window at a public library to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the city's Independence Day celebration.
Event sponsors say 'Big George' is the first of many sticky note murals that will pop up in downtown West Palm Beach leading up to the 4th of July.
It took a team of Armory Arts Center students roughly a week to complete the mural.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey