|Published:||Jun 11, 2013 3:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2013 3:17 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A mural of George Washington crafted from 8,000 multi-color sticky notes is taking shape in West Palm Beach.
The patriotic mural will sit in a 23-foot window at a public library to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the city's Independence Day celebration.
Event sponsors say 'Big George' is the first of many sticky note murals that will pop up in downtown West Palm Beach leading up to the 4th of July.
It took a team of Armory Arts Center students roughly a week to complete the mural.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge