|Published:||Jun 11, 2013 5:30 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2013 6:33 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office has identified the deceased victims in the shooting incident on Fireside Court as 50-year-old Romie Franklin Jr. and 48-year-old Laverne James.
Deputies were called to the scene last night just before 9:00 p.m. after reports of shots fired. Upon arrival, a perimeter was established near the residence. Several witnesses ran out of the house and information was gathered from them. One witness had been shot and was transported to the hospital where he was treated and later released.
Deputies were able to determine people were still inside the residence at 216 Fireside Court. Nearby residences were evacuated and neighborhood streets were blocked off.
The cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiner. The investigation continues.
Lee County Corrections Health Service Administrator Corizon released the following statement in response to the death of Laverne James, one of their employees:
"The Corizon family was deeply saddened to learn that one of our nurses was found deceased yesterday due to an incident that occurred in her home. Our deepest condolences are with the victim’s family during this difficult time, and we respectfully request that their privacy be respected as they mourn the loss of a loved one."
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect