|Published:||Jun 11, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Miami-Dade police shot and critically wounded a 28-year-old robbery suspect following a brief chase.
The incident occurred Monday night after a robbery intervention detail tried to pull over the suspect, who was driving a vehicle that matched the description of a car involved in a robbery.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/14u3GwA ) reports the man refused to stop and he bailed from the car after a short chase. After a brief confrontation with police, shots were fired.
The man was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
No other injuries were reported.
The man's name has not been released. No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after lengthy situation in St. James City
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store