|Published:||Jun 11, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Miami-Dade police shot and critically wounded a 28-year-old robbery suspect following a brief chase.
The incident occurred Monday night after a robbery intervention detail tried to pull over the suspect, who was driving a vehicle that matched the description of a car involved in a robbery.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/14u3GwA ) reports the man refused to stop and he bailed from the car after a short chase. After a brief confrontation with police, shots were fired.
The man was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
No other injuries were reported.
The man's name has not been released. No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school