|Published:||Jun 10, 2013 5:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 10, 2013 5:57 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- If your car is covered in bugs, you're not alone. Tropical Storm Andrea brought out swarming ants, and you'll find them covering your windshield, front bumper and more.
Fort Myers Pest Control Supervisor Chuck Bradley says their phones have been ringing off the hook with people concerned about the ants, and mistaking them for termites.
He says, "they leave their nesting when the ground floods so they are looking for new places to mate and looking for new sites to make their homes, so it's more or less a weather problem." He says the bugs are not dangerous, just an eyesore. And your windshield wipers only make it worse, so Bradley says the best thing to do is wash your car.
He adds, "it's that time of year plus with the rain and storms we've had, it gets everything all flustered up."
He says if you think you see them in your home, and you're concerned, call Fort Myers Pest Control at 239-543-3100 and they can come check it out.
Bradley says the problem has improved since the weather has been better over the past few days.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft