|Published:||Jun 10, 2013 9:55 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 10, 2013 4:32 PM EDT|
ARCADIA, Fla.- Arcadia Police are investigating a murder along West MLK Street and Pleasant Circle that happened late last night.
The victim, 29-year-old Rashard Watson, was pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities have the suspect, 28-year-old Keith Clark, in custody.
Marshal Matthew Anderson with the Arcadia Police Department said officers heard four to five shots fired after a fundraiser kickball game at Louis C Anderson Park. It was then that police responded to a large crowd in the area of Pleasant Cir. There, they saw the victim lying on the ground with a gunshot wound. CPR was attempted.
Charges against Clark are pending.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story