|Published:||Jun 10, 2013 10:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 10, 2013 10:46 AM EDT|
PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - A Palm Bay man was burned over 60 percent of his body when his fume-filled garage exploded.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/12AGhvy ) reports the man was airlifted to a burn center in Orlando late Sunday.
Authorities say the man was siphoning fuel out of a vehicle with a 'shop-vac' in a closed garage when the explosion occurred. Investigators believe a spark from the vacuum ignited.
A witness told Palm Bay police the neighbor was on fire when he ran from the garage.
Neighbors reported the explosion sounded like a train crash.
Three other people were inside the home when the explosion took place. They were not injured.
Police did not have an update on the man's condition. His name was not released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care