|Published:||Jun 10, 2013 2:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 10, 2013 4:01 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Police arrested a mother accused of leaving her newborn baby in a car, while she went into the mall.
Ann Rusinko now faces charges of child neglect. Witnesses say they saw a baby, just a few weeks old, inside the car outside of the Edison Mall for at least 25 minutes. Police say Rusinko told them she left the baby to go pick up a dress for a friend.
In an update to a story we brought you on Saturday, another mother will not face charges for leaving her baby in the car while she went shopping at the Cape Coral Walmart.
In that case, the father put the baby in the car without telling the mother. She was on the phone during her short drive to the store, and because the baby was asleep in the back, she never knew the boy was even in the car.
The babies in both cases were unharmed.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Winter weather causes delays, cancellations at RSW
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner