|Published:||Jun 10, 2013 10:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 10, 2013 10:25 AM EDT|
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A French tourist apparently drowned while taking an early morning swim with his wife off Miami Beach.
Miami Beach police spokeswoman Vivian Hernandez told The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/19XyzvO ) the tourist got caught in a rip current while swimming sometime after 2:30 a.m. Monday.
His body was recovered a few hours later in the area off Fifth Street and Ocean Drive.
Police are investigating. The man's name and hometown has not been released.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers