|Published:||Jun 10, 2013 6:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 10, 2013 4:33 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police arrested two suspects who allegedly tried to steal two cars at the CarMax on Colonial Boulevard just after 3:15 a.m. Two additional vehicles were discovered missing during the investigation.
Police received a call from an alarm company in reference to the burglary in progress. Officers observed two cars being driven erratically on the lot. One was a BMW and the other was Jaguar.
As the suspects saw the officers arriving on scene, they fled in different directions. The driver of the BMW crashed into a fire hydrant and fled on foot. The second suspect also abandoned the Jaguar and fled on foot.
K9 Officer Shaun Nenadal and his partner Chase immediately began a track. They located one suspect running through a field just east of a gas station located at 3200 Fowler Street. Officer Nenadal and Chase then located a second suspect hiding under a truck in the parking lot.
Police arrested Willie McCray, 33, for grand theft of a motor vehicle, hit and run leaving the scene of crash with property damage, resisting an officer without violence and driving on a suspended license as a habitual offender.
Police arrested Tyavoris Florence, 20, for grand theft of a motor vehicle and resisting an officer without violence.
Police recovered the BMW and the Jaguar. Two more cars, a 2011, silver; Hyundai Sonata and a white, 2011 Cadillac CTS are missing from the car lot.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan