|Published:||Jun 07, 2013 1:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 07, 2013 3:20 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is on the scene of a single vehicle crash involving an armored truck at Harborview Road and Northshore Terrace near I-75.
At about 12:20 p.m., the Sheriff’s Office received a call for a traffic crash at the corner of Harborview Road and Northshore Terrace in which an armored truck had flipped. When deputies and Charlotte County Fire/EMS personnel arrived, they found a Dunbar Armored vehicle upside down on its roof in a secondary driveway for the residence at the corner.
As of this report, the crash was still being investigated. Deputies were waiting for a second armored vehicle to arrive so the truck’s contents could be transferred before the truck was removed by a towing company. Two occupants of the truck were transported to a local hospital. Traffic flow in that area may be restricted until the truck is removed.
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge