|Published:||Jun 06, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 06, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - An Ocala woman accused of stealing items from a Walgreens and eluding the manager by claiming she was donating the merchandise to charity has accepted a plea deal from the state.
On Wednesday 25-year-old Lauren K. Sather accepted a deal that calls for her to serve 60 days in the Marion County Jail, followed by two years of probation. She will be credited for the 54 days she's already spent in jail.
Circuit Judge Sandra Edward-Stephens ordered Sather not to return to any Walgreens in Marion County and to complete a shoplifting course.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/13HwOy3 ) reports Sather was arrested after the manager saw her pushing a shopping filled with items that weren't in bags out of the store in November.
She's scheduled to be released from jail Sunday.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral