|Published:||Jun 06, 2013 5:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 06, 2013 5:13 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Andrea Jennings, 54, of 39949 Lake Norris Road, Eustis, was sentenced today and given 30 months in a Florida State Prison, 10 years probation, and will have to pay $56,438 in restitution.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office Economic Crimes Unit began looking into Jennings after they received a complaint from her employer, Diversified Drilling. The investigation revealed that Jennings was systematically misappropriating funds from her employer. She was arrested on December 4, 2012 and charged for Larceny (20K Dollars less than 100K Dollars).
Jennings had pocketed $220 by counter withdrawals, $15,089.83 by writing checks to herself, $35,869.66 by using company credit cards, and $4,439.94 for miscellaneous funds such as petty cash, selling scrap metal that belonged to the company, and bogus employee advances; the total amount stolen was $55,619.43.
Due to the investigation led by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Economic Crimes Unit, Andrea Jennings will now serve her sentence and one more criminal is off the street.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student