|Published:||Jun 06, 2013 10:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 06, 2013 10:26 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office responded to a call of an armed robbery Wednesday evening, at the Chile Ranchero Restaurant, located at 11751 South Cleveland Avenue.
At approximately 4:50 p.m., deputy’s responded to the scene and met with several victims who stated an armed male suspect entered the business concealing his identify by covering his face. The suspect pointed a handgun at the victims and demanded money. The suspect retrieved an undisclosed amount of cash and walked out of the restaurant and headed east on a black BMX type bike.
Though a perimeter was established, and LCSO K9 Units, and LCSO Aviation responded to the scene, the suspect was not located.
The suspect was described as small build Hispanic male or possibly light skin black male, wearing dark colored clothing.
Anyone who may know the identity of the persons responsible or has further information is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 477-1000 or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 dollars, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS(8477). Anonymous tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey