|Published:||Jun 05, 2013 11:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 05, 2013 11:24 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- It's your money and the city of Naples will spend $3 million to buy nearly seven acres of land along the Gordon River near downtown.
The city will also pay an additional $2.5 million for the design and construction of that space. That money will come from the general fund. Council members want to make sure the land is used as an open green space instead of a parking garage.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements