|Published:||Jun 05, 2013 2:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 05, 2013 2:11 PM EDT|
Lee County residents can receive a new flag of the United States of America on Friday, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Simply bring worn, torn or tattered U.S. Flags to the following locations, and receive a new one for free, so you can fly it proudly on Flag Day, June 14.
In Cape Coral: Fuller Metz Funeral Home, 3740 Del Prado Blvd. 33904, (239) 542-3161
In Fort Myers: Harvey-Engelhardt Funeral Home, 1600 Colonial Blvd. 33907, (239) 936-2177
In Charlotte County, Charlotte State Bank & Trust will be accepting unusable flags from June 14 through July 4. Residents may bring their worn flags to any of the following locations:
-Port Charlotte office, 1100 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte
-Punta Gorda office, 2331 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda
-Midtown office, 3002 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte
-Peachland office, 24163 Peachland Blvd., Port Charlotte
-Charlotte Harbor office, 23112 Harborview Road, Charlotte Harbor
Bank lobbies are open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to noon Saturday.
Flags brought to bank offices will be delivered to either Roberson Funeral Home & Crematory or Kays-Ponger & Uselton Funeral Homes and Cremation Services. Both have served as collection points for retired flags for many years.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash